Submit Your Senior Portrait
So, Elon seniors, you are picking up your caps and gowns this week! That is great news. And better news? You get to select your own portrait for the 2021 Elon yearbook.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and its impact on the Elon campus community, Phi Psi Cli – Elon’s official yearbook – will accept submitted senior portraits for its 2021 publication. This includes cap-and-gown photos or business casual attire.
There are several requirements for your submitted images:
- You must wear your university-issued maroon gown (cap is optional) OR business casual attire. Yes, non-gown shots are accepted. Avoid T-shirts and materials with logos or emblems. Note: The gowns are designed to be closed (zipped).
- Head and shoulder shots only. It should be a vertical image.
- No additional people in the portrait. This is NOT a group photo.
- No hats, no hands and no animals or props. No inappropriate content.
- Only color photos. No black and white images.
- Avoid distracting backgrounds – we prefer plain backgrounds. Please do not Photoshop and remove the background. (It never looks as good as you think.)
- Lighting is important, so make sure your face is well lit.
The yearbook and its staff reserve the right to exclude images for any reason.
To submit the senior portrait, email the original, unedited jpeg file (or original image from the camera or cellphone) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, students should write “Senior Photo: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.” (Example: Senior Photo: John Smith.) Full names only. Do not use a nickname.
All photos should be submitted by May 24, 2021. This is three days AFTER Commencement, so you have time to submit photos over the celebratory weekend.
Thank you for your time and interest. And best of luck to the Class of 2021!