Submit Your Yearbook Portrait!
In response to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, and its impact on the Elon campus community, Phi Psi Cli – Elon’s official yearbook – will accept submitted senior portraits for its 2020 publication. This is an uncharacteristic move for the yearbook, which will publish its 105th edition this year, but a necessary and important change. (FYI, Elon yearbooks are usually printed in the summer and mailed in the early fall. And you can buy one here.)
If you were one of the nearly 300 seniors who sat for our previous photo sessions during the 2019-20 academic year, you can disregard this message. We will use the photo you have selected (or pick one if you didn’t select one).
As for other Class of 2020 students, there are several requirements for your submitted images:
- You must wear your university-issued maroon gown (cap is optional) OR business casual attire. Avoid T-shirts and materials with logos or emblems.
- Head and shoulder shots only. It should be a vertical image.
- No additional people in the portrait. This is NOT a group photo.
- No hats, no hands and no animals or props. No inappropriate content.
- Only color photos. No black and white images.
- No distracting backgrounds. We prefer a white, tan or plain background.
- Lighting is important, so make sure your face is well lit.
The yearbook and its staff reserve the right to exclude images for any reason.
To submit the senior portrait, email the original, unedited jpeg file (or original image from the camera or cellphone) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, students should write “Senior Photo: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.” (Example: Senior Photo: John Smith.) Full names only. Do not use a nickname.
All photos should be submitted by May 26, 2020. This is one week after the last day of final exams.
Thank you for your time and interest. And best of luck to the Class of 2020!
Signed, Phi Psi Cli staff